Landscape Photography Workshop Flemish Ardennes
Discover Flanders' most beautiful landscapes with camera in hand
Photography in the Flemish Ardennes
For years, the Flemish Ardennes have inspired painters, writers and photographers. This hilly region in the south of the province of East Flanders is considered as being one of Flanders 'most charming areas’ and among cycling fans it is also known as ‘Flanders' finest’.
The workshop starts before dawn: after all when the morning fog covers the hills, the region shows itself at its best. From the meeting place we travel with two cars deeper into the Flemish Ardennes in order to photograph the beautiful valleys at sunrise. Later on during the morning we will learn how to go about taking a panoramic photograph and afterwards, we look at how to assemble it in Photoshop. Depending on the time available, we stop at a typical windmill or church, after which we have a sandwich lunch and coffee.
The afternoon is devoted to agricultural landscapes. We go in search of beautiful wheat fields or bright yellow rapeseed fields and learn to work with graduated neutral density filters and polarising filters. We also try to capture the movements created by the wind with a slow shutter speed. Finally, we also pay attention to the use of lines which will give our picture depth and a certain dynamic and which you find everywhere in this kind of landscape.
Is this workshop right for you?
This workshop is not suitable for beginners: basic concepts and camera settings are not covered at this workshop. You should have experience in manually adjusting your camera settings in order to expose your photograph correctly and you should be familiar with the histogram. Beginners are advised to attend the basics of nature photography workshop first.
What is included?
- One-to-one guidance: the group is kept small to guarantee this
- Sandwich lunch, coffee break and all (non-alcoholic) drinks
- Free use of all kinds of photography equipment during the workshop
- Photography Course (in PDF) encompassing all aspects of nature photography
- A practical cheat sheet with a summary of the most important settings and features
- Personal follow-up after the workshop via email
- Fri 19 May 2017, 05:00 - 17:00 (1 places left)
- Fri 26 May 2017, 05:00 - 17:00 (Full)
Parking De Ham, Oudenaarde
min 5 - max 6
What will you learn?
- Create depth by using lines
- Use of filters
- How to visualize motion in a picture (if there is wind)
- Photographing with long shutter speeds
- How to photograph agricultural landscapes
- How to use a telephoto lens to shoot details in the landscape
What do you need?
- (Digital) reflex camera or mirrorless
- Telephoto lens (200-300mm)
- Graduated, graduated neutral density and polarization filter (if possible)
- Waterproof boots and shoes